Nationalism in times of pandemic and vaccines

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
发表于 2024-3-12 13:12:25 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
There is a Spanish saying that suggests that “each dog licks its own posh” to refer to worrying about your own things and not only not worrying about others, but also not even registering them. Last week I was invited to take the first dose of the vaccine that will protect us against COVID (at least the current variants) at a health center in Leeds. Many friends have been receiving it in the previous weeks, some even for more than a month. In the United Kingdom, they have chosen to take the first dose of vaccination, and I see how in Spain, my parents have not yet received the invitation for that much-needed protection, despite being well over seventy years old. Boris Johnson 's chess game is to beat the European Union in something and show superiority in some aspect after.

The exit of Brexit and this has led him, or rather has led everyone including the EU, to a competition with and for the vaccines and see who reaches herd immunity first in a movement that is quite childish, unsupportive and that exposes their shame more instead of praising their capabilities. The rapid and effective vaccination campaign is a way forward, but if you then allow the country to open up from zero to infinity in the midst of a cocktail of new variants, as has been seen Belgium Mobile Number List since the weekend, it will undoubtedly lead to continuing to add more. deaths and the United Kingdom exceeds Spain by almost 250 deaths per million inhabitants, which is not there to give lessons either. This week the temperatures rose above 20 degrees and the possibility of gathering in groups of 6 outdoors, meant that the parks were filled in groups of unlimited numbers of young and not so young people, to whom the last 12 months It hasn't taught them anything at all.

That "we will learn a lot from this" seems like it's going to remain a competition to see who is the one who does the most crazy de-escalation. If your Prime Minister sticks out his chest and tells us this week that “ greed and capitalism have been the key to the success of vaccines in the United Kingdom” , what are his constituents going to do in the face of such a display of arrogance and feeling of “proof?” surpassed” ? Well, they go out to the parks like there is no tomorrow and they believe that the coronavirus will no longer be able to defeat their chosen people, the empire, and blah blah blah.This same display of arrogance is what could lead to my second dose of the vaccine proposed for June arriving late if suddenly the rest of the vaccine producers copy the nationalist war for vaccines and the EU decides to turn off the tap as it has been doing.

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|DiscuzX

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 22:21 , Processed in 0.023440 second(s), 18 queries .