Book Designer Erik Spieke Rmann Once Wrote

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
发表于 2022-10-16 14:38:49 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
I have seen too many books with great covers but horribly designed content. It’s like great packaging, but when you open it, the food inside looks brown and boring. It may still be nourishing, but my appetite is gone I have seen too Keep price point in mind: don’t design a $34.00  many books with great covers but horribly designed content. Whether a book will ultimately be read on paper or an e-reader, interior book design can make or break a reader’s enjoyment of a book. Book layouts are particular and definitely not one-size-fits-all The design also must be adjusted for the style and genre of the book.

For example: an art book should never crowd the graphic image manipulation service elements with too much text—the point is the reader wants to see the art! A sloppy, rushed or mismatched book layout sends a bad message to the reader and can make the book difficult or tiresome to read. A strong book interior is pleasing and well-balanced in two important areas: typesetting (font, type size, space between the lines, and hyphens that break the lines) and layout (margins, columns, and illustrations and art This article will take you through basic elements and most common pitfalls of both typesetting and layout design.

If you keep these in mind and understand their importance, your next book layout will be a success good book layout A well-layed-out book Trim size — Selecting a trim size is the first step in the book layout project Will it be a standard size (like 5.5 x 8.5 or 6×9), which is best for the long chapters of a novel or memoir? Or maybe a wide art book with a small caption of text on each page and lots of room for large photographs? If your book is over 250 pages, a small trim size (5 x 8 or smaller) will create a thicker book, which can turn off a potential book buyer.

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|DiscuzX

GMT+8, 2024-9-20 08:49 , Processed in 0.019154 second(s), 18 queries .